Healthy Habits During Pregnancy
A healthy baby starts with a healthy mom.
What to do
- Get prenatal care — See your doctor early and often.
- Get a flu shot — It will help protect you and your baby.
- Take prenatal vitamins with folic acid — This can help prevent birth defects.
Follow you doctor’s instructions — Be sure to ask your doctor any questions. If your doctor is unavailable, you can call the 24/7 Nurse Call Line at 1-866-431-1514.
What not to do
- Don’t smoke — Whether it’s cigarettes, e-cigarettes or marijuana, you are putting your baby at risk by taking a puff. Even being around others who smoke could harm your baby.
- Don’t drink alcohol — Beer, wine and liquor can be harmful. Play it safe and stick to drinks with no alcohol in them.
- Don’t do drugs — Any drug can be harmful to your baby.