Postpartum Care Center
Postpartum care is vital to a womanâ€™s well-being to ensure they are healing well both physically and mentally after giving birth and/or to discuss plans before growing their family again.
You play a central role in advocating the health of our members. Encourage our members to visit your office on or between 21 and 56 days after they give birth.
Hereâ€™s how else you can help:
- Encourage and provide appropriate care within designated time frames.
- Document all care in the memberâ€™s medical record.
- Submit a claim for each encounter.
- Accurately code all claims to the highest level of specificity.
- Respond to our requests for medical records in a timely manner.
Postpartum outreach bonus
We believe postpartum care is so important for our members that weâ€™re even offering an enhanced payment to providers who help join us in our cause.
- Render the postpartum visit within 21 to 56 days after delivery.
- Fax the ONAF to the Bright StartÂ® department (1-866-405-7946) at the postpartum visit with all post-partum information and any additional visit dates as needed.
- Procedure code 99429, appropriate post-partum diagnosis codes and the appropriate post-partum visit code (59430) must be reported and billed together on the same claim form within 21-56 days after the delivery date to receive the enhanced payment.
Join us in encouraging our members to visit your office between 21 and 56 days after each birth.