Asthma Care Center
Teaching people how to manage asthma on their own is one of the most important parts of controlling the disease. Everyone with asthma should develop an individualized asthma action plan with their doctor.
With your help in encouraging appropriate disease management, we believe our members suffering from asthma can expect to:
- Prevent asthma symptoms during both day and night
- Reduce the number of missed school/work days
- Have minimal need for emergency room visits or hospitalizations
- Maintain normal activity levels
We’ve developed tools, programs and resources to help you help our members empower themselves to take personal control of their asthma treatment.
How you can help
You play a central role in promoting the health of our members. This is reflected in our HEDIS scores. You and your office staff can help facilitate the HEDIS data collection process by:
- Providing the appropriate care within the designated timeframes.
- Documenting all care in the member’s medical record.
- Accurately coding all claims.
- Responding to our requests for medical records within 5 business days.