Circle of Care
Circle of Care is a value-based program for participating OB/GYNs and primary care practitioners (PCPs).
The program addresses the implications of oral health care on systemic health by facilitating increased access to, and utilization of, dental care for Keystone First diabetic, asthmatic, and pregnant members.
The goal of the program is to facilitate more dental care for targeted members with an approach that includes the following:
- A broad-based education and awareness outreach effort aimed at physicians to inform them about the importance of dental and oral health care.
- Distribution of focused outreach materials to targeted members.
- An incentive opportunity for physicians to engage in more focused referrals to Keystone First network dentists. For members in these cohorts, an incentive payment will be made to the physicians when a dental claim is noted and paired with a claim within 60 days prior to the date of the initial dental appointment.
Keystone First is committed to the encouragement and promotion of medical and dental integration. The Circle of Care program is another way to accomplish the coordination of professional services for our members.
- Asking about dental visits (PDF)
- Circle of Care program overview for OB/GYNs (PDF)
- Information for pregnant patients seeking dental care (PDF)
Primary care practitioners (PCPs)
- Circle of Care program overview for PCPs (PDF)
- Reminding diabetic and asthmatic patients about dental care (PDF)